Funeral Home Free Training Overview and Application
Signature Worldwide is a leader in training employees to deliver legendary customer service while increasing sales. Signature’s company purpose is to make a difference by improving customer service around the world. Since 1986, our unique training methodology and Proven Process has provided a measurable ROI for customers such as Caesars, Four Seasons, Caterpillar, and Liberty Mutual. We believe that training is a process, not an event. Our training is designed with ongoing reinforcement to ensure training sticks. Ultimately, we believe training can and should be fun!
1. Introduction & Background
Signature Worldwide, a sales and service development and training company, is in need of a partner company in the funeral home industry (“Partner”) and is accepting applications to provide training to your company at no cost. All information on Partner submissions shall be kept confidential during the application process.
Our goal with a partner company in the funeral home industry is to improve sales conversions as well as create consistency of service levels ultimately resulting in a case study. To accomplish this, we will:
- Develop baseline measurement for sales and service
- Provide training and reinforcement services for three to six months at no cost
- Measure post training and reinforcement sales and service metrics
- Write a case study indicating the change in pre and post training results
The objective of this application is to locate a Partner that can benefit from this training and bring value to its own company and fulfill Signature Worldwide’s strategic objectives. As this service is being provided by Signature Worldwide for no cost, criteria such as Partner size and amenities will form the basis of our award decision, as more fully described in the Evaluation Factors section of this application below.
2. Project Description
The purpose of this project is to help our training partner improve customer service, measure and capture the benefits and develop a case study. You’ll receive results driven sales training, you won’t pay anything, and you’ll play a pivotal role in helping your industry become more professional. The case study will contain the selected companies name or reference to company that is agreeable to both parties, industry, amenity description, pre and post training metrics, training delivery, and return on investment.
The company selected will receive an evaluation and assessment consultation; one or two days instructor lead on-site or virtual classroom training for sales or service (TBD based on location selected); as well as training reinforcement to potentially include mystery shopping, coaching, skill refresher sessions, and reinforcement visits. The selected partners agree to participate fully in each outlined event.
3. Project Scope
The scope of the project entails the selected location allowing for assessment of current pre-need and at-need sales and service standards. We will measure, for example, how many families you speak with and how many decide to work with you to determine a conversion rate. We will also assess customer satisfaction scores. The method for obtaining these metrics is yet to be determined. It is estimated 30-60 days will be needed to establish and collect these metrics.
After receiving baseline measurements, one to two days of on-site or virtual classroom training will occur for either sales or service components or both, as determined by Signature Worldwide.
Active employee engagement is critical to the project.
Reinforcement of training is a key component to ensuring training sticks and ultimately creates lasting behavioral and skill change. Training alone is typically completely forgotten within three weeks of a training event if reinforcement is not utilized. Therefore, reinforcement services will begin 15-30 days after the initial training event and last for three to six months. Services potentially include mystery shopping, coaching, skill refresher sessions, and reinforcement training visits and those costs are covered by Signature Worldwide.
Measurements and results will be collected during, as well as, after the initial training period to assess the change in sales and service metrics. This data collected will be utilized for purposes of publication and distribution in a case study that will be used by Signature Worldwide.
The successful partner will be responsible for accurately representing information requested on the application. Acceptance of the work is contingent on the following criteria. The criteria set forth below should be met to achieve successful completion of the project.
- Criteria 1: Location is of appropriate size (number of employees) and amenities, as indicated in Section 4, to qualify for training.
- Criteria 2: Location is willing to participate in accumulating pre and post measurements for sales and service metrics.
- Criteria 3: Location is willing to have employees participate in all aspects of training and reinforcement for the duration of the project.
- Criteria 4: Location is willing to have their name, data collection and results published as part of a case study.
Signature Worldwide will be responsible for costs associated with travel of Signature resources and training for this project. The selected partners will not incur any direct expenses related to travel and training.
4. Submission Guidelines Requirements & Evaluation Factors
The following submission guideline requirements apply to this application and will be utilized in the evaluation of awarding training at no cost.
- Companies intent on submitting an application should do so by May 4, 2018.
- Companies must identify they have five or more locations that support the following amenities for on-site preneed sales, chapel, separate visitation rooms, reception facility, kitchen, manicured grounds, on-site crematory, car / limousine or amenities that are similar to this, as part of their response.
- Companies must be willing to participate in all outlined activities and associated timeline.
- An application must be completed (see below).
- Proposals must be electronically signed by an authorized company representative.
- If you have a standard set of terms and conditions, please submit them with your proposal.
All terms and conditions will be subject to negotiation.
Signature Worldwide anticipates selecting at least two individuals or firms to have more in-depth discussions and will make an award to one of these locations. Signature Worldwide reserves the right to award to the bidder that presents the best value to Signature Worldwide, as determined solely by Signature Worldwide in its absolute discretion.
5. Project Timelines
The project timeline is as follows:
April 5, 2018
May 4, 2018
Selection of Top Partners / Notification to Non-Selected Partner
May 18, 2018
Contract Award / Notification to Non-Selected Partner
June 4, 2018
The need-date for project completion is December 31, 2018.